Monday, August 11, 2014

How My Grading System Works

Originally I never graded any of the video games or cartoons. If I say it's good, decent, okay, atrocious, et cetera, then there you have it... until today. I'm not going to do letter grades, stars, or numerical scores because I find them unoriginal. Instead, I'm going for a rating system similar to Jeremy Jahns or Spill.com, but less comedic. Here is my new rating system:

SOMETHING WONDERFUL - It's my Worth Checking Out rating, but taken that extra mile. It's given me a worthwhile experience that leaves me coming back for more. It has to give me something new on the table as well as touch on my emotions.
WORTH CHECKING OUT - An instant recommend.
GOOD OUTWEIGH THE BAD - This applies to anything that gets a lot of flak from people when, in my opinion, it doesn't deserve it. There's a lot to like more than to dislike.
THINK FOR YOURSELF - This can be used in any of these situations: (A) I like or dislike something that has split opinions, (B) I like something that others don't, (C) I dislike something others like, and (D) I am neutral or conflicted towards it.
HEAVILY FLAWED - It's hard to recommend it because there's a lot wrong with it with few redeeming qualities.
SOMETHING AWFUL - When a title is irredeemable and unpleasant. This will be my rarest score because I'm not the most critical person, and I often avoid anything that's considered atrocious.

I'm not going to re-edit my past reviews to add the scores, mainly to show how I'm progressing. Instead, I'll list them all here.

Video Games

Gravity Rush – SOMETHING WONDERFUL
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time – GOOD OUTWEIGH THE BAD
Syphon Filter – WORTH CHECKING OUT
Devil May Cry – THINK FOR YOURSELF
PaRappa the Rapper – THINK FOR YOURSELF
Uncharted: Golden Abyss – WORTH CHECKING OUT
Syphon Filter 2 – WORTH CHECKING OUT
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy – SOMETHING WONDERFUL
Jak II – WORTH CHECKING OUT
Jak 3 – GOOD OUTWEIGH THE BAD
Indigo Prophecy – GOOD OUTWEIGH THE BAD
Heavy Rain – WORTH CHECKING OUT
Ratchet & Clank – GOOD OUTWEIGH THE BAD
Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando – SOMETHING WONDERFUL
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal – SOMETHING WONDERFUL
Ratchet: Deadlocked – GOOD OUTWEIGH THE BAD
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters – WORTH CHECKING OUT
Secret Agent Clank – GOOD OUTWEIGH THE BAD
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction – WORTH CHECKING OUT
Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty – GOOD OUTWEIGH THE BAD
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time – SOMETHING WONDERFUL
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One – GOOD OUTWEIGH THE BAD
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault – THINK FOR YOURSELF
Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus – WORTH CHECKING OUT
Devil May Cry 2 – HEAVILY FLAWED
Syphon Filter 3 – WORTH CHECKING OUT
Infamous – WORTH CHECKING OUT
Infamous 2 – WORTH CHECKING OUT

No comments:

Post a Comment