Friday, August 2, 2013

CJF's Top 10 Hottest Video Game Women



As a gamer, I have seen my share of attractive-looking women in video games and I felt that I should dedicate a list on who I think are the most attractive females in video games.

There are three rules on this list:

1.) They have to be from games I have played. If some of your picks aren't on my list, chances are I haven't played the game that she is from.
2.) They have to be originally from games. Characters originally from movies, TV shows, or comic books that happened to have a video game tie-in can't qualify.
3.) This is all my opinion. Going back to rule 1, don't complain if some of your picks aren't on the list.

Without further ado, let's begin.

10.) Cammy (Street Fighter series)

Don’t lie to me: the reason you guys play as Cammy is because you want to see her buns when you win. The leotard she wears pretty much sums up why she is considered one of the hottest video game women ever. Plus, she has a pretty decent moveset. Just please don't kill me for putting her only at number 10.

9.) Elizabeth (BioShock Infinite)
The main selling point of BioShock Infinite was Elizabeth, who proves to be a really helpful companion, but also has a really loveable personality, that it makes you glad that you are with her for 90% of the game. Not once is she a damsel in distress and she always knows where to hide during combat, while at the same time, providing you with supplies. She is free-spirited as well as intelligent, having read a lot of books after all those years of imprisonment. She’s also mysterious, due to her ability to create dimensional tears and not knowing much about where she comes from.
I prefer to use the term “beautiful” rather than “hot” in this case because she has a really pretty face and she’s not as sexualized. Not to mention, she looks great in the two outfits she wears in the game. Plus, I really love Courtnee Draper’s voice work. I couldn’t imagine any other voice actress for the role. The reason why she is not higher on the list is because her (first) appearance reminds me too much of Belle from Beauty and the Beast and Powdered Toast Man’s assistant from Ren and Stimpy. Don’t believe me? Just take a look at these two images below…
Your argument is invalid.
8.) Carmelita Fox (Sly Cooper series)
I’m going to get this out of the way: I am not a furry! But I can’t deny saying that I think Carmelita is pretty hot, hence why she is the only anthropomorphic character on the list. Carmelita serves as a love interest to Sly and she is very dedicated on putting him behind bars. She’s also very ill-tempered and does not like to have her emotions played with. Seriously, what is it that Sly sees in her, other that the fact that she serves as a foil? Nevertheless, she did prove to be a valuable ally at certain parts of the series. 
I detected some form of fan service in Sly 3, when in one mission, Sly has to climb up a giant Carmelita in order to remove the Mask of Dark Earth from her face. Don’t lie to me; you guys certainly enjoyed every second of that part. The developers made sure of that.
I’m not too big a fan of her new character model in Thieves in Time, as her design didn’t appeal to me much like in the first three games. However, I did find it hilarious when in one mission, she has to belly dance in front some guards and during some parts, you have to use the SIXAXIS controller to have her shake her booty.

7.) Carla Valenti (Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy)
 Carla is probably the most attractive female cop I've seen in a video game. She is really dedicated to her job, just like Carmelita, and would spend hours and hours on a case, which makes you wonder: what does she do outside of work?
Many would prefer Madison Paige from Heavy Rain, another game developed by Quantic Dream, but Madison's appearance just doesn't scream "Hot!" to me. I think Carla is hotter and I am not ashamed of saying it.

6.) Trish (Devil May Cry series)

We are introduced to Trish at the beginning of the first Devil May Cry as she attacks Dante, already showing that can kick butt. It’s too bad we don’t see any more of that for the rest of the game. And before you say anything, I haven’t played Devil May Cry 4 yet, so I’m not sure what her role is in that game. While I don’t think she’s that interesting as a character, I CAN, however, comment that she’s really beautiful, and she looks really cool with her shades on (sorry, I don't have an image of that).

5.) Silvia/Sexy Silvia (Viewtiful Joe series)

 Silvia serves as a damsel in distress in the first game, as she gets pulled into the big screen by a giant hand, leaving Joe to enter Movie Land to rescue her, donning the Viewtiful Joe alter ego. After being rescued, she joins alongside Joe after convincing Captain Blue to give her a V-Watch, and thus Sexy Silvia was born, and she becomes a playable character in the sequel. I do like that her gameplay is not a replica of Joe’s, as she has her own abilities, but she’s just not that great to play as, in my opinion. I will agree, however, that she definitely lives up to her alter ego’s name.

4.) Lucy Kuo (Infamous 2)

Kuo was an NSA agent in New Marais until she got kidnapped later in the game and turned into a Conduit, having the ability to fly and manipulate ice. She is a very moral person with a good heart and a calm and compassionate personality. After turning into a Conduit, she had a hard time accepting who she was now, until Cole managed to convince her that it's not all bad being a "freak".
I really liked Kuo’s design after she turns into a Conduit. The dark blue hair, icy eyes, and dark clothing really fit well with her character as an ice Conduit.
To quote Sly Cooper: "How can I freeze when my heart warms at the very sight of you?" 

3.) Meryl Silverburgh (Metal Gear Solid)


What made Metal Gear Solid have a great story was its memorable and three-dimensional characters that are all interesting. Meryl became a valuable ally to Snake in the game. She is very enthusiastic, tough, and tomboyish, but she also has a soft spot for Snake, eventually falling in love with him.
One of the more memorable parts in the game is when she is dressed up as a guard, and when she escapes in an elevator, the camera closes in on her butt, reminding us that the guards all walk different compared to her. You would later use that to find Meryl dressed as a guard. I would quote the Egoraptor video “Metal Gear Awesome”, but instead, I’ll quote ZoominGames: “[She] has the most important butt in gaming”. And I am going to avoid any “Solid Snake” jokes, because they have been done to death.
2.) EVA (Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater)

Metal Gear Solid 3 is obvious tribute to the James Bond franchise, especially since it takes place in the 60s, the decade in which the series started. One of the Bond franchises’ famous motifs are “Bond Girls” (a female character serving as an ally or a femme fatale), and no doubt EVA fit the role. During Operation: Snake Eater, she teams up with Naked Snake to destroy the Shagohod. Meanwhile, she disguises herself as Tatiana, named after Tatiana Romanova from the Bond film From Russia With Love (it’s even mentioned in an optional codec call), to retrieve the Philosopher’s Legacy from Colonel Volgin by using her wit and charms, even though she had to endure Volgin’s sadism.
It just goes to show that you can have a female character who is hot, but also kick butt. Although, she is only number two because there is one more character who has the same two qualities, but has a more loving personality.
1.) Kat (Gravity Rush)
Kat... is one of my all-time favorite video game protagonists. Despite having no memory of where she came from, she is down-to-earth, selfless, and willing to sacrifice herself for people’s safety. She is very enthusiastic and also embraces her superhero role. She is also very outspoken, shows strong 
leadership and is not afraid of stating her opinions (an example being from one of the DLC missions).

Her costume design is one of the most original that I've ever seen. Though, some of her other outfits overshadow her default costume. She looks really hot in any of the costumes she wears, my favorite being her military outfit **wolf whistle**. Heck, when I obtained the outfit during one of the DLC side missions, that’s all I had her wear for the rest of my playthrough of Gravity Rush. Also, I have a thing for blondes, and she has attractive-looking red eyes.
And yes, she is also one of my favorite playable characters in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale; my favorite out of all the DLC characters, in fact. My only downfall with her in that game is that her screaming can get annoying.
So, yeah, I think I’ve said enough on why I put Kat at number one. Feel free to comment on who you think are the most attractive women in video games.

No comments:

Post a Comment