Friday, September 18, 2015

Thoughts on Gravity Rush Coming to the PS4


You guys should all know how much I adore Gravity Rush. It was the first game I ever did a written review on since I've started blogging and I've even talked about it on some of my countdowns. It was the PS Vita's killer app, the reason why some people bought the console itself. Unfortunately, the system itself hasn't been selling well, making me wonder what will become of the Gravity Rush sequel that was announced two years ago.

On September 15, it has been announced that Gravity Rush will be remastered on the PS4. It will be handled by Bluepoint Games, who have done exceptional remasters of games like the Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection and the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection. They're even working on the Uncharted collection for the PS4, which will be probably be just as great. Because of this, there is hope for this game being great on the PS4 as well.


In other related news, Gravity Rush 2 has also been announced to be on the PS4 and will be coming out next year. I think 2016 will be a great year for Sony due to the number of exclusives coming out like the Ratchet & Clank movie tie-in, Uncharted 4, and The Last Guardian, all of which I will certainly be buying on Day One.

This will be a disappointment for some Vita owners, and I can understand why. I'm kind of bummed out, too, that there won't be a lot of games for the handheld to add to my video game collection. Look on the bright side, though: Gravity Rush will receive a lot more attention on a home console.

It's too late to make the sequel a Vita exclusive. Not only would it decrease in sales due to the poorly-selling handheld, it could probably kill off the franchise, too, and we don't want that. Anyone who says they are not buying a PS4 because Gravity Rush is no longer on the Vita need to chill. I love the Vita, but I feel that Sony has given up on it, and bringing Gravity Rush on the PS4 is a better decision.

I will definitely continue to support Gravity Rush by buying the original (also because of trophies) and its upcoming sequel on the PS4. May this franchise have a bright future ahead of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment